Faithful commitment is a fuel to use wisely on our joyful pursuit of happiness. We will have discovered a faithful commitment becomes the foundation on OneRoad Traveled for many other important and desirable traits. These character traits are very difficult to attain without commitment:
In the end, all the subtle shades of meaning can be combined. Getting a result, arriving at a destination, may very simply require the fuel of faithful commitment to do whatever it takes to get there.
Posted in Fuel
Tagged commitment, dedication, determination, devotion, faithfulness, focus, Growth, joy, Life, perseverance, resolve, results, self control, self-discipline
What have I done?! I can’t believe I thought that was OK! Oh my, what do I do now?
No human being is exempt from shameful behavior. We will have discovered we will need to do one or more of the following when we feel ashamed of what we have done:
- Forgive ourselves and make a heartfelt commitment to not repeating the behavior.
- Make amends to those affected by our behavior.
- Completely accept we are capable of shameful behavior, put it behind us and move on.
Carrying guilt is an enormous burden for any of us. We must resolve the shame felt by our behavior. We must resolve the shame felt by any condition we happen to find ourselves.
Posted in Vehicles
Tagged acceptance, amends, behavior, commitment, forgive, Growth, guilt, joy, Life, resolve, shame
What have I done?! How could I have been so self-centered?!! Why did I give in to that temptation?!!!
When we feel a conscious regret for our own behavior we have an obligation to ourselves to resolve the feeling of regret. We will have discovered the following to be approaches that work, depending on the nature of the situation.
- Accept the situation as it occurred, understand we are not perfect, and truly put it behind us.
- Resolve the behavior is not to be repeated.
- Offer sincere apologies to anyone affected.
- Make amends with those affected that the behavior will not be repeated.
Circumstances may call for one of these, or may call for a combination of the approaches above.
Traveling on OneRoad is very hard sometimes.
Posted in Vehicles
Tagged acceptance, amends, apology, behavior, Growth, joy, Life, regrets, resolution, resolve, temptation