A strong sense of commitment is the foundation for a strong, fully-functional family. The commitment of each family member includes:
- Giving heartfelt appreciation to family members when deserved
- Spending time together
- Showing affection
- Constructively solving problems using compromise, boundaries, and agreements
- Communicating completely to understanding
- Managing stress and crises with a focus on learning lessons of life and having faith in the future
- Developing and honoring a set of family principles
- Nurturing a “yes” attitude
- Using internal and external people, tools, and information for addressing the present and planning for the future.
The approach to commitment is best viewed as a commitment to helping each family member to grow physically, intellectually, emotionally, and spiritually; including oneself and the family unit as a whole.
As adults, we will have discovered on our joyful pursuit of happiness the paramount commitment becomes growing emotionally and spiritually and helping all family members to grow emotionally and spiritually, without condition.